قصيدة "رسالة من المنفى"/ محمود كعوش



بالإنكليزية والعربية

*****

A Letter from the Exile

A painful cry from a foreigner in the outland


Poem by : Mahmoud Said Kawash


Dedicated to the souls of my beloved parents

**********


A Letter from the Exile


No No
I am not there,
No... I am not there,
Not anymore,
I was there,
Now I am here...
Here... in a revolting world,
Sad, gloomy,
Senseless, merciless,
And unloving

In a world drenched with frets,
Sorrows and boredom,
Choked by dullness,
Ample of monotony,
Aimless and hopeless,
With no beginning and no end,
Strident with cries,
Lament,
And pain,
Drenched with grief

Now I am here,
In a world of cries,
A strange world,
Feeding from the earth,
Kissing the pebbles,
Spending long nights…
Playing my chords,
Contemplating the moon,
And barely closing my eyes

The nights of my foreignness are long,
Heavy,
Killing the daylight,
Filled with gloom
Aimless,
Cursed…
Cursing every grain of earth,
Cursing stones, trees, people

Before now, I was there,
Dwelling…
On the hills of my village,
With my fellow men,
Uphill where the earth…
Held my glory, my breath
My splendour

I was in Mirun,
Where lie my origins,
My identity, my people,
My place of prayer…
Where my flock crawled

Before now, I was there,
Hopeful and joyful,
Singing gleefully,
Not knowing grief,
Or tears of pain,
Or cries or wails

Before now, I was there,
Ambitious and optimistic,
My path was long…
Embracing the echoes in the way,
Embracing my very roots,
With blissful yearns,
There was no sound…
But a lover’s beautiful hymn

Now I am here,
Not there anymore,
I am here…
Embracing my pillow,
Sleeping mournfully,
In a world not of my own,
A vast and wide world…
I wish it were smaller

I have no other choice…
But to embrace my pillow,
Lie in my bed,
Eat the soil, kiss the stones,
My mind and soul overwhelmed by shrieks…
They lower in tone,
And suddenly holler the voice of destiny

Now I am here, in the world of riches,
The world of the oppressors,
Where the music of shrilling drums pierces ears

Now I am here… here I am,
Though I will never ever,
Not in a million years,
Feed from the earth…
Nor kiss the stones…

In this fraud world,
Strange, odd,
That belittles the wise,
Uses the learned and clever,
And disheartens a lover.

By : Mahmoud Said Kawash

Copenhagen 2010

**

رسالة من المنفى
محمود سعيد كعوش
صرخة ألم من غريب في بلد عجيب !!!
......................

إلى روحيهما الطاهرتين...أمي وأبي رحمهما الله
.......................

رسالة من المنفى

لا لا
أنا لَسْتُ هناكَ
لا...لَسْتُ هناكْ
لَمْ أعُدْ هناكْ
كُنْتُ هُناكْ
لَكِنَني الآنَ هُنا
هنا...في عالمٍ مَقِيتٍ
كئيبٍ حزينْ
لا رِقَةَ فيهِ ولا رأفَةَ
ولا حنينْ

**
في عالمٍ غارقٍ في الهمومِ
والوجومِ والسأمْ
يخنقه الضجرُ
مِلْؤهُ الْمَلَلْ
لا هَدَفٌ فيهِ ولا أملْ
ولا مبتدأٌ أو خَبَرْ
يضجُّ بالصراخِ
والعويلِ
والألمْ
يَزْخَرُ بالأنينْ

**  

إنيَ الآنَ هنا
في عالمِ السرابْ
والغُرْبَةِ والغُرابْ
ألتهمُ الترابَ
وألثمُ الحَجَرْ
أطيلُ السَهَرْ
والعَزْفَ على الوترْ
وأمْدَحُ الْقَمَرْ
وأغفو على وَخْز الأبَرْ

**
والليلُ في غُرْبَتي طويلٌ
ثقيلٌ
يأكلُ النهارْ
يَمْلأهُ ظُلْمَةً وظَلامْ
يُفْقِدَهُ الوقارْ
يَلْعَنَهُ...وَيَلْعَنَهُ
يَلْعَنُ حتى ذَرَةَ التُرابِ
ويلعنُ الحجرْ
والشجرً والبشرْ
**

كنتُ قبلَ الآنَ هناكْ
كنتُ هناكَ
في رُبًى بلدتي
معْ أهلِ قريتي
وفوقَ ثَرى ضيعتي
حيثُ مَجْدي ومُنْيَتي
ومَجْدُ أمجادِ عِزتي

**
كنتُ هناكَ
في ميرونتي
حيثُ دانتي...ودُرتي
وبني جِلْدَتي
وحيثُ هويتي
ومَرْقَدُ عَنْزَتي
وَوُجْهَةُ قِبْلَتي

**

كنتُ قبلَ الآنَ هناكْ
أُعللُ النفسَ بالآمالِ
وألتمسُ الشفاءْ
وأنشدُ الهناءْ
وأعِفُ عَنْ ذرفِ الدموعِ
ونزفِ الآلمْ
وزرعِ النحيبِ
والصراخِ والعويلْ

**
كنتُ قَبْلَ الآنَ هناكْ
أُعللُ النفسَ بالرجاءْ
وأنشدُ العَلاءْ
ودربيَ الطويلِ
يُعانقُ الصدى ...يُعانِقُ الأصيلْ
بشوقِ العليلْ
لا صَوْتَ غَيْرَ شَدْوِ الحبيبِ
البعيدِ...القريبِ الجميلْ

**

وها أنا الآنَ هنا
لَمْ أعُدْ هناكْ
إني هنا
اَحْتَضِنُ الوسادةْ
وَألزمُ السريرَ بلا سَعَادةْ
في عالمٍ غيرَ عالمي
في بيتيَ الكبيرِ...الكبيرْ
يا ليتهُ صغيرٌ صغيرْ

**
لا خَيار ولا اختيارْ
لا بُدَّ أنْ أحْتَضِنَ الوسادةَ
وَألزمَ السريرْ
وألتَهِمَ الترابَ
وأَلْثُمَ الحجرْ
وفي كِياني يَعْصِفُ الضَّمِيرُ
في خِضَمِ الضَجَةِ والضجيجْ
حيتُ يهمسُ ويهمسُ
ثمَ يَعلو صادحاً صَوْتُ المصيرِ

**

ها أنا الآنَ هنا يا عالم الكروشْ
يا عالمَ الطغاةِ في دنيا الفحوشْ
ويا صخب النقر على الدفوفِ
في وادي الوحوشْ

**
إنيَ الآنَ هنا....حيث أنا هنا
لكني لا لا وألفُ مِلْيونَ لا
ولا
لَنْ أَلْتَهمَ الترابَ بَعْدَ اليومِ
لا...ولَنْ أَلْثُمَ الحجرْ

**
في عالمٍ خبيثٍ مُريبٍ
غريبٍ عجيبْ
يَسْتَخِفُ بالعاقلِ
وَيَقْتَصُ مِنَ الأديبِ والنجيبِ
وَيَخْذُلُ الحبيبْ


CONVERSATION

0 comments: